An Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS) approved and licensed Day Care Program located in Nassau County, NY. We provide an enriching experience and adhere to the New York State Standards of Early Childhood Learning. BCCS follows an educational, play-based, language-rich curriculum. Additionally, Our Center is approved by the NYSED and the Department of Health to provide educational and therapeutic services to children with developmental delays or disabilities. Candidates must have high school diploma or equivalent and experience working with infants/toddlers/children is preferred.Candidates are required to:
- Assist the assigned group teacher in all areas of the daily classroom routine.
- Assist the children as requested by the Group Teacher
- Maintain a healthy and safe classroom environment by performing assigned tasks.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, work effectively and cooperatively.
- A warm, calm demeanor is preferred.
- Physical aspects may include but are not limited to lifting and transferring of any student within the school setting.
Candidates are expected to be:
- Consistently courteous and considerate, in person and on the telephone, in interactions with children and others such as family, visitors, vendors, and other employees.
- Exhibit the At Your Service attitude, i.e., smiles, uses positive eye contact, friendly, open and approachable.
- Respond quickly to children and/or parent/guardian's request, refers to appropriate member of the care team, if necessary, and informs supervisor of actions taken.
- Promote positive co-worker relationships, teamwork and cooperation.
- Work collaboratively and is respectful of others.
- Take individual responsibility for providing outstanding service quality.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical-low employee contributions
- Dental-100% coverage for in network semi-annual check ups
- Vision-annual exams and new glasses provided
- Opportunities for you to advance your career
- Management that is kind and listens to you
- Paid training - to ensure you'll be great at what you do!
- Flexible schedules - we work with you to find a schedule that works for you!
- Competitive salary with a rich benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement - we'll pay you to get your degree!
- A diverse, inclusive team that will support and guide you everyday
- Wellness incentives - weight loss, yoga at work, gym membership & more
- College Loan Forgiveness
- Housing Assistance to purchase your first dream home - in Nassau or Suffolk
- Employee Recognition - you'll be appreciated!