Identify, investigate and pursue recovery of first party physical damage homeowners claims. Enter into direct negotiations with insurance carriers, attorneys, self-insureds, uninsured parties, and municipalities. The subrogation adjuster will work directly with counsel in the event that the company needs to enter into litigation. Ideal candidate can work remotely in New York.
- Responsible for the identification of subrogation matters for recovery and pursuing a maximized subrogation recovery
- Evaluate liability issues with claims to determine if there is adequate evidence to pursue recovery
- Determine the percentage of negligence to place on each party in a claim
- Evaluate facts and evidence, liability, amount of damages, and other factors prior to negotiations with other insurance companies and/or attorneys in order to maximize the recovery and reach agreements on settlements
- Refer cases to counsel when necessary
- Maintain a diary system for tracking pending files for recovery
- Experience in property and casualty subrogation insurance claims.
- Associate or Bachelor s degree preferred
- General office experience, preferably in insurance company operations
- Effective knowledge of basic computer applications