Our client is a successful, rapidly growing software development company. They are best known in the business for their UI work and their personal game design. They are hiring a Senior Game Developer to work on their team to help architect, maintain, and build the core systems for both established and new project titles.
The Senior Game Developer is responsible for supporting the development of game code within multiple consoles and platforms. They will work alongside some of the best developers, artists, and engineers in the industry to help bring to market some exciting new products.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, PTO, medical benefits, and more.
- Outstanding company culture of collaboration and excellence. Company is supportive of innovation and talent development. Several opportunities to attend industry conferences, advanced training, and more.
- Exciting opportunity to work with a name brand within the gaming space on both named and unnamed titles and projects.
- Incredible leadership team that is well-recognized for their brilliant software ideas and development.
- Work to develop believable, high-quality layouts, ecosystems, architecture, and ambient systems to direct the construction of an immersive game world for use on both console and PC environments.
- Ensure proper documentation and tracking through thorough documentation of core system design, fixes, and overall mapping.
- Work with C-style scripting language to realize designs, maintain architecture, and build the core system on multicore CPUs.
- Act as a leader within the development team, sharing knowledge and participating in an energetic and creative environment.
- Work closely with the rest of the design team, technical art, and production crews to create fast and reliable features that adhere to project requirements and plans.
- Interact with stakeholders to ensure proper expectations and milestone tracking.
- Test for and troubleshoot issues as they arise. Assist in issues and help create improvements.
- 10+ years of experience developing games.
- Strong skills in network optimization and multicore programming.
- Technical proficiencies:
- C/C++ programming
- 3D graphics API, like Direct3D 11+, OpenGL, Vulkan, etc.
- Programming languages, like HLSL, Cg, etc.
- UI/UX, gameplay, audio
- Version control software, like Perforce, Git, Jama, SVN
- Background shipping multiple titles; preferably on Xbox, PlayStation, or other existing console as well as PC.
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- Advanced attention to detail with the ability to see the details as an important piece to the bigger picture and end goal.