Delaware North Gaming is hiring a Racing Security Guard to join our team at Finger Lakes Gaming in Farmington, New York. Racing Security team members work under the direction of the Security Manager to maintain a safe and secure environment for guests and associates, in accordance with New York Sate Gaming Commission and applicable operational standards.
- Responsible for the enforcement of rules and regulations of the local gaming commission.
- Enforces and adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Enforce all departmental and organizational policies and procedures and report incidents.
- Observe and report procedural violations and illegal activity.
- Fill out departmental log forms, verifies all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion of shift.
- Demonstrates skill in dealing with guest complaints, using active listening skills to control difficult situations and maintain guest goodwill.
- Must be state certified security guard.
- Must be able to be licensed by state gaming Commission.
- Demonstrates skill in dealing with guest complaints, using active listening skills to control difficult situations and maintain customer goodwill.
- Highly motivated and takes initiative.
- Team-oriented; ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, climbing, stooping, lifting, reaching, and pushing.
- Visual acuity sufficient to identify potential security violations.
- Hearing ability sufficient to respond to the spoken voice, audible alarms and two-way radios.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to grasp/handle guest items and various equipment.
- Occasionally required to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Occasionally required to sit for periods of time.
- Exposure to all weather conditions.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.