At The Federal Savings Bank doing good for customers allows us to do well for our families. Our organization thrives when we fulfill our purpose. As an Assistant Mortgage Banker you will be an integral member of our East Coast mortgage team. You will help our customers achieve their dreams of home ownership by executing your duties as a support resource to our Bankers, borrowers, and operations teams. This position is based in our Melville, NY or New York, NY branch reporting to the Senior Vice President of sales. The Mortgage Banker Assistant will help manage the Bankers' pipelines, loan applications, loan structuring, and provide customer service to borrowers.For more information please contact: Sarah Helton...@thefederalsavingsbank.com Job Duties
- Assist top Mortgage Banker as primary liaison among customers, internal operations support, realtors, and title companies to ensure loans get closed in a timely manner.
- Prepare mortgage applications and disclosures for signing
- Structure loans in Encompass loan origination system
- Review loan guidelines and analyze borrower qualifications
- Consistently exceed borrower expectations and Realtor/Builder expectations. Always giving Wow service
- Marketing tasks to include maximizing the Mortgage Banker s CRM and past client business
- Help organize events for the Bankers such as realtor luncheons, borrower meet 'n greets etc.
- Continue to assume responsibilities and help the team grow
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus uncapped monthly bonus incentive
- Generous Vacation days and sick days
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance plans available
- Limited 401k match
- Ongoing in-house training opportunities to broaden your industry knowledge
- Employee recognition on a national scale
- Small bank culture with big bank capabilities
- Smooth Onboarding experience for in-office and remote employees!
- Career advancement - we promote from within!
- 2 year college degree, or commensurate mortgage industry experience
- 2 + years of experience in Mortgage Industry
- Fluent Spanish speaker required
- Experience with Encompass Loan Origination Software strongly preferred
- Experience with DU/LP strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be dependable, self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Must be a team-player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Favorable background and credit standing
- A great sense of humor and upbeat nature strongly preferred!
WebsiteThe Federal Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status