ABOUT THE BRAND
Temple St. Clair founded her company in 1986 in Florence, Italy, beginning her collaboration with the world's finest goldsmiths the centuries-old Florentine goldsmiths' guild. That same year, Temple St. Clair became the first fine jewelry brand to be represented and carried by Barneys New York. Today, the brand is headquartered in NY and sells its fine jewelry through the world s finest luxury retailers as well as templestclair.com.
Temple St. Clair is the authoritative American fine jeweler. Her work is recognized for its iconic rock crystal amulets, goldsmithing harking back to historical Italian methods, and the use of connoisseur-level colored gemstones. In 2017, Temple St. Clair joined Louis Comfort Tiffany and Alexander Calder as the third American jewelry designer whose work is represented in the permanent collection of the Museum of Decorative Arts at the Louvre in Paris.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Graphic Designer role is a key member of the TSC marketing team and supports the senior team members in translating The Temple St. Clair vision into beautiful and compelling digital and print assets. We re looking for someone with an eye for great design who is also passionate about creating exceptional consumer visual journeys that meet both brand and business goals.
Candidates should be passionate about the luxury / fashion / jewelry space, as well as have a keen eye for photography, design, typography, and be familiar with current design trends and best practices for both print and digital.
- Brand Design: you ll work on a wide range of deliverables including marketing + promotional collateral, digital + web assets, social media creative, banner ads, gifs, and more. Contribute to the evolution of the look / feel of the brand and ensure consistency by developing style guides and brand guidelines.
- Email Design: working as part of our marketing team, you ll use business goals + brand strategy to design e-commerce promotional emails that drive customer acquisition & retention.
- Print Design: you ll drive brand awareness by designing ads, direct mail pieces, event materials, and more.
- Photo shoots: Follow through with production of all imagery by collaborating with stylists, photographers, and Influencers. Pull and prep product for shoots or special projects. Schedule and coordinate logistics and ensure seamless execution. Upload and organize all images into system. Ensure all retouched images are prepped.
- Enhance our user experience at every stage of the customer journey and identify ways in which we can improve, tweak, and optimize. Create, test, and implement designs, layouts, and user experiences that convert.
- Ensure that all projects are within deadlines and budget constraints.
- Assist in developing a visual marketing calendar.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 3+ years of prior experience (relevant internships count!) designing for web and print with a strong portfolio of work; experience working with a digital native brand is a major plus.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) required
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail when finalizing designs
- Excellent understanding of typography
- Strong time management and ability to multitask
- The ability to think critically + solve problems with concrete direction on the flipside, the ability to design with vague or little direction
- A pro-active self-starter and collaborative team-player
- Bachelor s Degree in Graphic / Art Design or related discipline
- Motion graphics / video editing / GIF-creation, a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Responsive web design a plus
- Email experience preferred
Please include a link to your portfolio when applying.