Founded in 1986, Helmut Lang redefined fashion and style through innovative tailoring and a deep engagement with contemporary avant-garde culture.
In 2006, Fast Retailing pivoted the brand into a successful contemporary business and enabled global expansion.
In 2015, the brand relaunched with a newly refined vision for the collection and introduced a new retail concept at the brand's Los Angeles flagship on Melrose.
Helmut Lang is looking for a Graphic Designer to work with the creative and e-commerce teams on projects across digital and print platforms. Candidate must possess strong design sensibility, excellent time management skills, and a flexible self-starter mentality. They will assist our team in establishing new digital design languages while working within existing ones, and support the Art Director to develop cohesive marketing messages for seasonal product launches and campaigns. They must have a thorough understanding of web user experience and best practice, information architecture, and design for desktop, mobile and tablet. They have a minimal design aesthetic, and strongly believe that in most cases, less is more.
- Create on-brand and compelling assets that meet full integrated marketing experience objectives
- Design of e-commerce and retail marketing emails and banners
- Create effective designs for homepage/website and landing pages
- Designs for site updates and new pages, including wire-frames
- Work with the Art Director and E-commerce team to identify and implement site design improvements
- Communication with internal developers on new builds and updates
- Participate in the creative brainstorming process with the team
- Assist in the development of marketing materials for seasonal product launches and campaigns
- Support on-set photoshoot and post-production needs
- Designs for garment branding and product graphicsBranding and packaging design
- In-store signage/visual communication design
- Bachelor s degree (Graphics, Design, Web Design, Fine Arts, or similar degree)
- 4+ years of digital/web design experience (Preferably within the fashion, luxury goods or related industry)
- 2+ year of print design experience
- Experience working on a large scale site design
- Excellent understanding of graphic design, layout and typography
- Expert utilization of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS, and video capabilities
- Strong conceptual thinker, ability to think across multiple platforms of communication
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at a time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Working knowledge of print design and production