Ellen Digital Network seeks an experienced Brand, Games & Sales Materials Graphic Designer to help guide its growing, award-winning business. The Ellen Digital Network (EDN) is a premium cross-platform advertising and integration opportunity for brands to associate with the original content produced and distributed by the network in a positive, high-quality environment. EDN s impressive reach includes 200 million fans and 1 billion views monthly across all platforms.
The Brand, Games & Sales Materials Graphic Designer will report to the VP, Brand Content and Partnerships. The role's primary responsibility is to design and create completing sales presentation decks, pitch presentations and other sales collateral that helps drive sales across EDN's expanded offering of programming. This includes EDN s original slate of programming, its mobile and gaming content, which includes the Heads Up!, the #1 Paid App in Apple s App Store, ELLEN s large social footprint, as well as digital content from the Emmy-award winning Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Successful candidates will have an exceptional aesthetic, strong communication skills, a track record for understanding client s KPIs, and visually translating the pitch into materials in an exciting way, that speaks to the incomparable DNA of The Ellen Digital Network.
As a key member of the Brand Partnerships Team, the ideal candidate must be a go-getter, a solution-oriented thinker, highly organized and able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and team-oriented television production environment.
The position is based out of our NYC office.
WHAT YOU LL DO (JOB RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Designs and creates compelling, multi-platform sales presentation decks, pitch presentations, one-sheets, email-blasts, RFP responses and other sales collateral in support of the delivering revenue goals of the Brand Partnerships Team
- Builds custom graphics, fonts, backgrounds and other visuals needed to illustrate a sales pitch for a needed presentation
- Works in close collaboration with digital sellers to exceed sales goals with a laser focus on driving multi-platform, multi-million-dollar programs
- Handles ad hoc creative requests such as ad placements for web, mobile, social, video, swag
- Work seamlessly with various business, sales and activations team members, delivering all assets on time and in an organized manner
- Creates and maintains all case studies
- Builds wrap decks, using data sourced from Research and Activations team members
- Partner with external vendors such as printers and signage for collateral and sales experiential materials
- Express understanding of client objectives through sound strategic recommendations and associated rationale
- Understanding of Video and Social platform advertising opportunities (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram)
- Keeps track of team s schedules and manages timelines, deadlines and workflow.
- Contributes to strategy and brainstorming sessions for new clients and pitches
- Can handle a fast pace environment and works well under short turnaround times
- At least 3+ years experience as a graphic designer who supported a client services team and/or digital marketing/sales team or agency
- Ability to convey thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written format
- Creative and conceptual presentation design, a strong ability for visual storytelling
- Strong knowledge of grammar and composition rules required for editing and proofreading material
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Technically savvy, a whiz at figuring out solutions on-the-fly
- Expert in Apple Keynote, including animation
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experienced in graphing and charting in Microsoft Excel and Illustrator
- Strong composition skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficiency in After Effects and Premiere
- Understanding the limitations of HTML and video production
- Proficiency In Sketch
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms, and the ability to work in and convert files on both platforms
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication of conceptual ideas and design rationale, both verbally and visually
- The ideal candidate is design-focused, whose background is rooted and specializes in creative, however, has a history of working is the branded content space and understands advertiser requirements
- A positive, can-do attitude...a pleasure to work with!
- A proven track record of working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Shows a high degree of self-motivation and works well within an individual and team environment
- Must have a strong customer focus that conveys responsiveness, organization and competence
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiar with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram & YouTube
- Organized, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for the ELLEN brand, digital content and sense of humor
- Willingness to travel when needed for production and client needs
- A major plus if coming with deck development and deck writing experience aka the ability to tell a strong brand marketing story and develop a concept
- Must provide a portfolio of work
- Copywriting experience a plus
- Video and Photography knowledge a plus