The Facilities Custodian is responsible for the routine, general cleaning of the building and renovation/ repair of the individual apartments in the building, under the supervision of the Superintendent and Program Director.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean offices, hallways, stairs, lobby, lounge area, exercise room, conference room and all other common areas
- Dust all office furniture, windowsills, countertops, etc.
- Empty office, bathroom, lounge, exercise room, conference room and all other common area wastebaskets
- Clean bathroom fixtures, counters, mirrors, and mop floors
- Assure adequate supplies are in bathrooms
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
- Maintain adequate stock of all custodial supplies, ordering additional as needed
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the exterior of the building including removing debris from the property, sweeping patios and walkways as needed
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facility for events such as banquets and meetings
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation as allowed by law and with proper protection
- Dust, clean and maintain exercise equipment
- Minor maintenance repairs as needed including changing light bulbs, filters etc.
- Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Cleaning of individual apartments: kitchens, bathrooms, flooring, dusting of blinds, emptying trash baskets
- Remain current with all Agency required compliance documents and trainings.
Major periodic cleaning:
- Wash inside and outside of all windows, as assigned
- Wash off marks on walls and doors
- Dust door ledges and floor boards
- Dust chair/furniture legs
- Scrub bathroom floor, walls, and fixtures
- Clean and/or shampoo carpeting and upholstery
- Coordinate moving or set up of furniture to individual units
- May be required to assist with the clean up of areas damaged by residents
High School Diploma (preferred) plus 6 months or more related experience (preferred). Must have a valid drivers license. Good communication and interpersonal skills a must, as well as good client/customer service skills, ability to follow oral and written instructions, prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with a team. Basic knowledge of cleaning products is required. The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than fifty pounds. Moving items over fifty pounds utilizes a team lift.