Job Title: Desktop Support/ Lab System Administrator
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
The Lab System Administrator is responsible for providing end-to-end support of in-lab computers. Candidate must be an outgoing individual and who is experience in various lab environments.
- Build and maintain a working relationship with Lab Owners, IT Teams Facilities teams, and Management.
- Update the Regulatory Asset Management systems inventory of lab equipment, PC s, software and any other information pertinent to the environment
- Maintain daily project related communications with team
- Act as technical SME
- Support Proficy Data Historian
- Audit response
- Lab Administration
- Periodic Evaluation Report (PER) requests
- Data backup configuration
- Software: training and advanced end user
- Data integrity assessments
- Repair systems
- SOP Authoring
- Implement continuous improvement
- Write change control requests and test plans
- Professionalism, excellent listening skills, superior analytical skills, great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage one s time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Manufacturing or Lab environment
- Some scripting or programming
- Understanding of lab practices, instruments, and software
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities and be achievement oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service orientated and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and Initiative.
- Problem solving skills to resolve issues
- Experience with Proficy Data Historian