A New York City nonprofit organization is currently seeking a new Desktop & AV Support Engineer for a promising Remote position with their growing staff. In this role, the Desktop & AV Support Engineer (Remote) will be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving complex Mac/PC hardware and software issues with a primary focus on security of these devices.
The Desktop & AV Support Engineer (Remote) will:
- Support client OS, application, mobile, virus, and hardware issues for users
- Design, implement, and maintain Mac desktop group policy using JAMF
- Design, implement, and maintain PC desktop group policy using BigFix
- Work with vendors to design and maintain hardware and software standards
- Develop automated workflows and technologies to efficiently manage Mac endpoints
- Maintain inventory database, assign hardware and software assets, and manage warranty and service agreement information
- Lead and assist with root cause analysis as it relates to Apple/PC computers and all peripheral devices
- Interact with IT vendors and management to ensure solutions are being provided for all escalating tickets
- Independently resolve complex, break/fix issues in person or via telephone
- Be available as needed and provide White Glove technical support to onsite and remote C-Level Executives
- Write, maintain and implement systems documentation for incident responses and recurring issues
- 5+ years of experience working in depth with various versions of both Mac/MS operating system
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving both complex Mac/MS hardware and software issues.
- Experience with Macintosh/Microsoft desktop imaging and distribution platforms such as JAMF, BigFix, Casper Suite, ARD.
- Strong knowledge of Mac endpoint patching platforms and procedures using JAMF Casper Suite preferred.
- Strong knowledge of anti-virus platforms, how they work, and their capabilities.
- Experience working with Mac Mobile Device Management platforms such as JAMF Casper Suite.
- In-depth understanding of Mac based hardware, software, peripherals
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA) and Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) certifications
- Experience working with Shell Scripting
- Hands-on desktop support experience in a large environment