The Customs Brokerage Customer Support and Trainer is a wonderful position for someone who's looking to utilize their customs brokerage knowledge in a software support capacity. Every day is different and it's the ideal role for someone who is motivated by continuous learning.
This role is responsible for monitoring the help-desk and responding to incoming issues from external clients. They'll also perform QA testing before deployment to Production to ensure accuracy and train clients on functionality, new programming and changes to new and/or existing software application.
This is a full-time, hourly position with great benefits. The hours for this role are 11am-7pm with the occasional need to be on call during off hours.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Serves as the first point of contact for clients reporting technical issues through our help-desk system, email and/or telephone call
- Record all incoming and resolved issues into our help-desk system.
- Troubleshoot and analyze issues to identify the root cause of the matter. Collaboratively works with the Manager and/or Application Development team to determine an appropriate course of action to resolve the matter in a timely manner.
- Reports rejected entry to the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). Works with the customs border agency address and resolve the issue.
- Trains new and/or existing clients on new software modules, changes or logic.
- Performs Quality Assurance testing of software applications to ensure the application performs as expected by the Application Developer prior to release to the production environment. Reports test failures to the Application Developer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Solid knowledge of US Customs
- Working knowledge of the CATAIR/PGA documents
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and resolve issues
- Ability to document and outline specific steps in a clear and detailed manner (verbal & oral)
- Excellent communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- Customs Broker License preferred
- Minimum 5 years of Customs Brokerage experience preferably in other modules i.e. ISF, Emanifest, AES, AMS, Reconciliation, In-Bond
- This role provides 24/7 support to our clients; an on-call rotation shift is required for after hours and holiday support.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment