Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of four business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; Specialty Products; and Industrial Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
Under the supervision of the Purchasing Director, this position coordinates with various business segments and functional departments, while maintaining the highest level of quality and cost effectiveness. Consults with the Commercial, HR, IT, Marketing, R&D and Quality departments to determine requirements as necessary. Enters, reviews, and coordinates purchasing transactions in the ERP System. Sources material, services, and equipment as necessary. Expedites and ensures proper receipt of purchase orders as necessary.
- Places and confirms purchase orders, resolves disputes with vendors and ensures accuracy in support of the Operations group and other departments.
- Maintains the effective administration of the MRP/ERP systems through timely entries and daily review of critical purchasing and inventory data.
- Solicits proposals from vendors and negotiates the best possible deal for materials and services, taking into account the quality, service and price for each proposal.
- Facilitates the timely purchase of goods, within acceptable lead times from vendors through regular coordination with corporate personnel.
- Interacts on a daily basis with the Purchasing Director to evaluate the effectiveness of ongoing negotiations and the purchasing system.
- Researches potential new suppliers for corporate materials and services. Supports the evaluation and entry of new suppliers into the ERP system and owning the purchasing process from start to finish.
- Coordinate and generate department unit reporting (savings, payment terms, compliance, monthly status and ad hoc)
- Individual will be expected to act with a high level of professionalism as they interact with vendors and coworkers. Vendors need to be thought of as partners and as such should be held accountable by Balchem to provide services and stock supplies as we require
- Participates in the forecasting and budgeting processes as necessary.
- Work to streamline the Sourcing process for the internal customer to acquire products and service
- This position will be expected to drive continuous improvement opportunities across the Sourcing function.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year of purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Manufacturing, Chemical or Feed/Food industry experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree recommended.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Contract knowledge
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Effective analysis/problem solving/decision-making skills.
- Proficient with MRP/ERP systems.