Banking Relationship Specialists play a vital role in ConnectOne Client First banking experience by acquiring, retaining and expanding banking relationships of both the business and consumer clients while demonstrating the ConnectOne Culture.Key Responsibilities
- Support the Bank's client first focus and rules of engagementgreeting clients by name, maintaining a professional demeanor, ensuring the branch reflects ConnectOne Bank standards and working as an active member of the Branch team, always striving to make ConnectOne Bank A Better Place to Be .
- Proactively identify opportunities for relationship acquisition and development by cross-selling the Bank's products and services in a consultative manner.
- Perform account opening for deposit products and educate clients on the Bank's product and service offerings.
- Ensure all activities, transactions and records are in compliance with operational, security and control procedures of the Bank, preventing fraud and protecting customer assets.
- Handle customer service issues by conducting research, taking ownership and following up with on a daily basis as necessary until conclusion.
- Assist other branch team members with transactions and overall operations, as necessary, and provide feedback and coaching to improve overall team performance.
- Perform service transactions for the Branch to include check re-orders, address/name changes, safe deposit box access, outbound wires, account maintenance and outbound client contact.
- Serve as primary back-up to the Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager where applicable, for operational and service related functions.
- Assists with Teller functions as needed including performing banking transactions over the phone or at the drive-up window including accepting deposits, cashing checks, and assisting clients with other banking needs, and branch opening and closing as needed
- Active participation in achieving branch sales goals
- Maintains a 90% plus service performance and reinforces feed -back gained from mystery shops.
- Supports retail and community events to promote the brand in accordance with the retail business plan.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Expert knowledge on the Bank products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures and policies with respect to banking transactions.
- Knowledge of various federal regulations including Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Regulation E and US PATRIOT Act.
- One to three years teller experience.
- Platform banking experience
- Sales experience or training in sales techniques.
- Thorough understanding of federal banking compliance and requirements.
We are putting People First Maintaining appropriate social distancing between workstations.Requiring Masks to be worn in branches and when moving around our buildings.Providing access to PPE and sanitization stations.Leveraging technology and limiting in person meetings.Providing our clients curbside banking and drive thru access.
- Strong client first interest and ability.
- Effective teambuilding and interpersonal communication abilities are necessary.
- ConnectOne Bank culture mastery.