As Associate Director, External Communications and Social/Digital Marketing, you will primarily own and execute an external communications, PR, event, social and digital engagement strategy. In this role, you will work closely with leadership to understand and support our value proposition and translate it into key messaging and strategic approaches aligned with external audiences. You will also provide the highest quality messaging, engagement design, customer focus to deliver measurable results as we engage with the outside world.
The ideal candidate has done this before or has the unique combination of skills and experiences that allows them to raise the bar in communications, PR, social, and digital content efforts. This role requires strategic thinking along with the ability to provide hands-on communication support in our face-paced, startup environment. This is a unique opportunity to come in at the ground level of our marketing and communications team and report to the VP of Marketing (based in New York).
- Lead the execution of communication, social and digital engagement strategy with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Manage partner communication agencies including the development of strategy, messaging points, and the creation of assets.
- Create speaking and event engagement strategy.
- Identify gaps and champion the development of new tools to support the sales, Investments, Research, Office of the CEO, Capital markets, and Talent/HR teams.
- Analyze competitive, customer and industry/category trends to influence innovative approaches with plans and strategies to bring fresh, creative thinking to our product executions.
- Provide necessary project management and operational support to the marketing communications team by managing multiple critical and time-sensitive efforts and push them forward.
- Build strong relationships with senior leadership and key cross-org stakeholders to help guide and build integrated programs.
- 7+ years of marketing experience.
- BA in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
- Prior experience in a communications or marketing function.
- Strong communication and people management skills with the ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all members of the team.
- Comfortable diving into data to find solutions to complex problems.
- Exceptional project management, communication (written and verbal).
- Experience with startups or a similar environment (particularly fin-tech) is a plus.