Great Heights is seeking to build-out their leadership with a proven dual Art Director/Senior Designer to lead all creative efforts and establish a foundation for a world-class in-house global creative team. The Art Director will also serve as Senior Designer for all marketing and communications for customer-facing and internal assets. We are looking for a high energy, no BS, process-oriented go getter to sit at the intersection of the marketing and communications teams to create and manage world-class creative and also serve as brand steward. We are looking for someone that excels at collaboration across multiple teams, both internal and external, with a proven ability to produce high caliber design at scale, from concept to completion. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who has the passion and speed to drive the business with conviction with the ambition to be a highly influential voice in building the next generation of consumer brands. Some essential elements for success include:
- Having a full understanding of the entire creative and production process, with mastery of hands-on design concepting, editing and retouching.
- Possessing robust experience designing strategy, establishing standards and process for managing creative for a large number of paid, owned and earned marketing channels.
- Being detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects/campaigns at once, and have experience leading a team along with outside creative resources.
Additional responsibilities include support of content, copywriting and editorial strategy, involvement in creative insights through advanced segmentation, coordination with front-end design resources on the ecommerce/product/engineering team, maintenance of brand guidelines/brand book, press/media kit, corporate materials, lookbooks, point of purchase/showroom materials, supporting digital asset management process and the internal photography efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes all aspects of the creative vision, ensure creative direction is retained throughout the entire production process for the Great Heights brand. Finalize brand standards with an eye for consistency by operationalizing and improving on brand development, brand strategy, positioning, guidelines, etc
- Partner with marketing operations lead and owned channels (email/social) lead to develop a full understanding of comprehensive marketing channel needs expand on business brief to include creative sections required to brief creative resources and/or self.
- Partner with digital operations lead for product and packaging sample management, CGI management and digital asset management (develop taxonomy, naming conventions, metadata and other attributes for image management); drive select process and final deliverables in all variations.
- Partner with photography production lead/product stylist/wardrobe stylist/studio manager to ideate on in-house creative concepts and build on in-house studio to drive photography and video needs, as well as asset transfer from CaptureOne to cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc).
- Serve as lead point of contact for all brand strategy, positioning, creative strategy and production with an agency with a client roster of one mentality.
- In partnership with company co-founder, architect and build a modern creative services strategy, budget, culture and ethos that will attract and retain elite design talent.
- Assist company co-founder in identifying external creative resources (agencies, freelancers and other partners) with a mindset to accelerate the growth of Great Heights to multiple global markets.
- Concept, create/design and develop all company collateral/templates for internal and external presentations for corporate communications, investor relations, etc.
- Serve as lead internal art director for all lifestyle shoots and product shoots, defining what it means to be on-brand developing/sourcing swipe, mood and distinct creative positioning.
- Work closely with social and influencer team to cast talent for all shoots.
- Lead the post-production select process, retouching/editing notes and execution (internal or external) and all else involved to bring creative direction to life including but not limited to pixel perfect graphic design, retouching, illustration, etc.
- Support capital budgeting process for all things creative, including monitoring and controlling of all costs associated with external designers, retouchers and other creative resources.
- Participates in research in areas of creative and content strategy and other best practices with an eye for competitive shifts.
- Serve as a key contributor for the selection and adoption of collaboration tools (ie Slack, Asana, Monday.com, Wrike, Airtable, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, etc.).
- Key contributor to company culture, thought leadership and educational initiatives both in within the jewelry/diamond world, DTC as well as the broader creative and artistic fields through events, conference and other activities.
- Reviews operating practices and implement improvements where necessary, including onboarding for new team members.
- Able to delegate responsibly with effective decision-making capability, with an eye for speed.
- Additionally, the candidate must be passionate about people development Great Heights is building an enduring high growth business, committed to having an A-player in every seat. The ideal candidate will be able to attract and mentor great talent, within creative services, marketing, communications and beyond. Team members will also be rewarded with opportunities to develop thought leadership and receive recognition for their work.
- The candidate will recognize and is attracted to the chaotic startup environment and mindset (ie this is not a typical 9 to 5 job) and will be rewarded with ultimate flexibility in work/life balance and commitment to many elements that are associated with admirable best places to work brands.
- Bachelor's degree required Communications, Creative/Fine Arts or Marketing, or similar related field is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a combination of brand or brand and agency experience with key roles in hands-on creative efforts in high growth environments.
- Excellent foundational and advanced creative technical skills across the entire Adobe Creative suite, with key focus on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Final Cut/Premiere Pro, etc.
- Expert level photo and video resource, having served as mentor to various contributors to the creative process for 5+ years.
- Experience managing multiple projects and tasks across a large number of departments, divisions and individuals along with multiple outside partners/vendors.
- Exceptional fluency in creative process design, creative project management and workflow management as well as a champion for the use of collaboration and tracking tools; a high organizational acumen that is driven by pressure to perform by exceeding both time and budget expectations.
- High level understanding of traditional and digital marketing channels, agency services and advertising in a highly competitive environment.
- Extremely driven, passionate and curious self-starter who can consistently uncover areas for improvement in creative strategy and tactics and carry through to implementation while preserving a positive attitude and environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude, high energy level, authenticity and hustle is imperative for success in this role.
- Budgeting responsibility for creative teams.
- Global experience in a marketing and/or ecommerce setting is a plus.
- This position does not require frequent travel.
About Great Heights
Great Heights is a market leader and pioneer of online lab grown diamonds, engagement and wedding rings and is led by jewelry industry and DTC veterans. Our Co-founders have grown comanies well into the hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue with muliple exits. Our management team and advisory board have unparalleled prior jewelry experience from iconic brands such as Signet, Tiffany & Co, Georg Jensen, Cartier, David Yurman, James Allen and Alex and Ani. We are located downtown in a full floor Tribeca loft and offer flexible remote work options for the right candidate. Learn more at greatheights.com.
Great Heights Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.