Location: New York,NY, USA
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This is a well-rounded Application Support position supporting basic applications and highly important trading applications.
Our client is a top-tier Hedge Fund. They are medium in size but actively growing.
* Level 1 & 2 support - First call for all US based trading groups. Manage communications to the trading staff and internal stakeholders regarding issue/resolution.
* Trading Infrastructure/Platform Status Communications - responsible for disseminating messages to the appropriate trading staff regarding trading infrastructure/platform issues, exchange updates, etc.
* Supporting and monitoring of the firm's internal systems
* Incident & Change management
* Collaborate with other technical support engineers who may need assistance working on an issue; utilize his/her area of expertise to help others in order to most quickly facilitate solutions for the customer.
* 5+ years of experience in an Application Support role with similar responsibilities as part of a trade support team at a top Investment Bank, Hedge Fund or other leading Financial Services institution
* Experience in supporting trading in as many of the following products as possible: Equities, Commodities, Futures, Bonds, FX (Preferably someone stronger on the Equities/Commodities side)
* Familiarity with middle and back office systems, risk management tools, and with Bloomberg or Reuters market data services is a strong plus
* Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; Good sense of urgency - problem management and escalation